With a few of our design tips, decorating any room in your home can be fun and easy. Here are some simple tricks to express a sophisticated sense of style and create a space that youíll love for years to come!
1. Get inspired! Donít know where to turn? Pick up a few of your favorite decoration magazines or go to a home show to find looks and styles you love.
2. Choose the theme of your home decor and stick to a similar look for harmonious and rhythmic flow throughout your home. Your furniture pieces, accents and accessories should all work with your theme, but a piece or two of mismatched items is advised. It adds interest and can make a great conversation piece.
3. Most people opt for rustic, contemporary, casual, traditional, sleek, modernistic, minimalist, regional or period decor style. Still not sure? Overwhelmed? Anyone of our friendly and highly knowledgeable sales associates can help you find the right look for your lifestyle.
4. Next comes the fun part filling the room and making it your own. Scale of furniture should be chosen according to room size, door frame size and if youíre in a high rise, donít forget elevator size. Put less and versatile furniture in a small room such as a chest of drawers that can serve as a coffee table or an ottoman with hidden storage for great efficiency in less space. Have a big area and donít know how to fill the room? Divide it into two or three different conversation spaces.
5. For apartments, loft living and smaller homes, itís best to stick to a maximum of three colors, patterns or styles to keep balance and serenity.
6. Donít be afraid to mix and match textures. For example, if you have a lot of wood try bringing in a glass and stainless steel coffee table, metallic end tables or a sleek modernistic end chair for pop and interest.
7. When decorating look at the permanent things in your room such as the color and style of the stone on your fireplace or the marble, wood or tile of your floors.
8. Accessorizing your home can give you a whole new feel and updated look. Try a new leaner mirror, patterned pillows, bedspread, faux animal print rug, candles, or beautiful glassware. Remember to keep size and theme in mind when picking the perfect accessories.